Here at OGA, we are all about the references we can run down. Here is one for fans we want to share from recent blog research.
Below find flying mile distances from team arena to team arena. The web page reference is Sport Map World (http://www.sportmapworld.com/map/ice-hockey/north-america/nhl/) which will also give you distance in kilometers and driving distance on the map.
Our graphics below are air miles between arenas. Here are some notes:
1. Teams are organized in the Conference organization under the December Realignment plan.
2. Under each vertical column, teams listed in green are the closest and red are the farthest away.
3. Teams in italics are within driving distance. (This is ANA-LAK and NJD-NYI-NYR.)
4. Totals distances in each conference are at the bottom of vertical columns in gray.
5. Blocks in green with white lettering indicate the shortest distance between two arenas. Blocks in red with white lettering indicate the longest distance between two arenas.
6. The ‘Adj’ line is a line adjusted for 100 miles in and around of driving to and from airports, hotels and facilities.